What Should I Do Before House Hunting?
- Know how much house you can afford
Check out our Mortgage Calculator and our Finance Page
- Save $$$ for your down payment
- Get preapproved for a mortgage. Our trusted partners can be found here.
House Hunting Tips
- Pay attention to location and layout
- Consider the size for your family and in 5 years…
- Evaluate School Districts. Click here to request your FREE Report
- Think about the home value growth
And finally, ASK ME QUESTIONS. It’s why I am here…to help you on this journey! Give me a call at (317) 625-0655.
Dr. Elliot Eisenberg, an internationally acclaimed economist/public speaker says, “National indications are that as the result of the great lockdown of 2020, many families are re-thinking their housing situation and realize that they want something different, usually larger and more tailored spaces, along with less proximity to neighbors. This same scenario may well be playing out here in Indianapolis, where families are now placing a premium on having more space for a home office and workout area.”
I couldn’t agree more. Last week, my Hamilton County listing with six private acres had 32 showings in 4 days. The Seller couldn’t be more pleased with that SOLD sign up in their yard!
Let me show you the housing data just released from the MIBOR BLC® comparing May 2019 to May 2020:
- An increase in Median Sales Price of 9.2 percent to $215,000
- An decrease in Closed Sales of 23.3 percent to 2,703
- New Listings decreased 21.2 percent to 3,744
And more specifically for Marion County….
Despite our current atmosphere, these numbers indicate that many are still eager to buy… When you are ready, give me a call at (317) 625-0655.
NO home is perfect, and EVERY home has some “quirks” that need attention when selling to appeal to buyers. So, before you make some pricey structure changes, paint can be the perfect solution.
Need the room to look bigger??
Does the room have features that should be highlighted?
Do you need to hide something ugly?
Click HERE for a great article on how to pick colors to fix any room’s quirks.
And remember, I am a phone call away (317-625-0655) if you need an opinion on what to do or NOT to do when making home improvements for a quicker sale.