Download Full Market Report Here
The January numbers for central Indiana are up, and they look to be a little of this and a little of that.
- Median sales price was up 17% from a year ago, BUT down 4% compared to December
- Days on market increased to 29 from 24 in December
- Closed sales and new listings were both up over a year ago, 4 & 2%
- Inventory remains limited— with only 1738 houses to choose from. That’s down 11% from a year ago
We’ve got our fingers on the pulse and finding ways to help our clients buy and sell homes successfully. So if that’s what you’d like to do, well, give us a call!
Last week was quite a wintry ❄️ mess. We ended up with 8 inches here in Noblesville.
The Midwest storm did throw the 🏠 market off a little.
Mortgage rates are creeping up to 4 in recent months, and the Feds are looking to tighten it more. This will no doubt change Buyers purchasing capabilities as well as comfort level.
Bottom Line..there is still no inventory below 250K, so I am foreseeing minimal impact on 🏠 sales. If there were 20 offers on a home last quarter, it might be reduced to 10 this quarter. Seems like better odds for the Buyer. So if you are on the fence about buying/selling, give me a call at 317-625-0655 to talk specifics.
The local housing market showed signs of slowing in March. Numbers just released from MIBOR, the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtors, showed:
- The number of new houses with for sale signs were 5% fewer than a year ago.
- Closed sales were down 4%.
- The median sales price has been increasing at a slower pace.
However, there are 6,212 homes currently available for sale and nearly 37,000 homes have sold in the past 12 months. Interested in talking more on what the market is showing, give us a call at 317 625 0655